Although marijuana remains illegal under U.S. federal law, the drug is increasingly becoming legalized throughout the states. In fact, four states and the District of Columbia have legalized the medical and recreational use of marijuana in order to regulate, tax and test it—and many other states are considering similar laws.
While the legalization debate rages on, it forces the question: How should employers move forward with their drug policies? Employers in manufacturing, manual labor, and transportation have a lot to lose with a no-tolerance drug policy as they are caught between providing a safe work environment and potentially alienating qualified employees.
5 Important Things You Will Learn In This Whitepaper:
• The background on the marijuana legalization battle
• Which U.S. states have and have not legalized the drug
• Drug testing and policy options available for businesses
• Risks for businesses that allow and don’t allow marijuana
• Existing cases on the drug and if they favored the employee or the employer
This issue will affect every U.S. business in some form or another. Read the full white paper to learn more.